Sheep in Australian bushfire

Australian bushfires: Useful contacts and resources


Do you have family or friends that may be affected by the Australian bushfires? We’ve compiled a list of useful contacts and resources you can share with your loved ones to help keep themselves and their animals safe during the fires.


New South Wales

NSW Rural Fire Service has a live map of all fires.

  • A list of evacuation centres is here.


VIC Emergency has a live map of all incidents and warnings, and you can also download the VIC Emergency app to your phone.

  • Key emergency information and hotlines are here.
  • A list of relief centres is here.

South Australia

SA Country Fire Service has a live map of bushfire conditions

  • Their Bushfire Information Hotline is 1800 362 361.


New South Wales

  • WIRES has a list of advice for helping wildlife during bushfires, such as leaving out bowls of water or keeping a cardboard box and towel in your car.
  • If you find injured or trapped wildlife, please call WIRES on 1300 094 737.


South Australia

Fauna Rescue SA has 24-hour hotline for injured wildlife on (08) 8289 0896

  • For koalas call 1300 KOALAS (1300 562 527)
  • For bats call 0475 132 093


  • To make preparations for your pets in the event of a bushfire, we have created a checklist of items to include in a Pet Disaster Plan. Download it for free for your dog, cat, horse or small animal at

New South Wales

  • If your farm animals has been affected in the fires, contact the Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647 - You can also use the hotline to request or collect emergency fodder.
  • Animal safe facilities are available for people who need to relocate their animals, including specialised large and small animal facilities.


  • For issues concerning wandering or inadequately confined farm animals call your local council. Find yours here.
  • Landholders who need emergency fodder and those who want to donate it should call the Victorian Farmers Federation on 1300 882 833.

South Australia

  • If you are a farm animals owner seeking assistance with injured or burnt animals contact the PIRSA bushfire hotline on 1800 255 556.
  • Farm animal producers requiring fodder, or those wishing to donate can call Livestock SA on 8297 2299.




  • For disaster welfare assistance, such as shelter, food or water please call 1800 018 444.
  • If you’ve been affected by the bushfires and need to claim assistance, please call: 180 22 66. More information here.



(Image Credit: Peter Tremain)