7 tips to protect your pet during the holiday season
The holiday season is upon us, which means special events and gatherings. It also means summer weather and new potential risks for pets. Make sure to keep your pets’ welfare top of mind to avoid excess stress and injuries.
1. Secure holiday decorations and keep them out of your pet's reach (don't forget electrical cords)
2. Ensure seasonal or holiday plants aren't poisonous for your pet to ingest (watch out for mistletoe and holly)
3. Provide your pet with a quiet place where they can go if they get stressed during holiday festivities (or off-key singing)
4. If you are traveling with your pet, do your research to ensure they will be safe and their needs can be met
5. Always have a disaster plan and include your pet (don't wait until it's too late, find our tips here – link to page)
6. Have an emergency supply of food for your pet (summer storms can mean power outages or even evacuating)
7. Protect your pet from the hot weather (ensure they have access to shelter, shade and water).
In addition, why not include your pet in your New Year's resolution? Pets can be great motivators and spending more time with them will only strengthen your bond together.
If you’re looking for other ways that you can help animals, take a look at our World Animal Gifts (they make great holiday gifts and each comes with an animal-themed e-card)
Happy holidays to you and your pet!
Thank you again for joining us to move the world to protect animals.