About World Animal Protection
Every day billions of animals experience unbearable suffering. At World Animal Protection we move the world to protect animals because we know that the life of every animal counts.
We’re a global animal welfare organisation and have been campaigning for over 50 years to end animal cruelty and suffering.
Right now, we’re prioritising issues where change can transform the lives of the greatest number of animals by overhauling the global food system and ending the cruel exploitation of our planet’s wildlife.
As people face urgent issues like the climate emergency and depleting natural resources, we give animals a voice and ensure their needs are met.
Though the challenge is great, our determination is greater.
Our Global Strategy for 2021-2030
To ensure we create the biggest impact for animals, we will give our undivided attention to two goals over the next 10 years. We won’t stop, until we succeed.
What we do:
- We end the needless suffering of animals
- We influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda
- We help the world see how important animals are to all of us
- We inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better
- We move the world to protect animals.
Join us and together, we move the world to protect animals.
Our global movement of animal protectors
For 55 years we’ve been protecting animals in the wild, on farms, in communities and from disasters. From the boardrooms of large corporations to the frontline of the wildlife trade, our supporters help us create better lives for all animals.
Here are just some of the things our incredible supporters have helped us achieve:
- 558,000 supporters moved TripAdvisor and more than 200 other travel companies to end their promotion of cruel elephant attractions.
- 513,000 supporters moved KFC to improve chicken welfare in the United Kingdom and six European countries.
- 1.6 million rabies vaccinations protected dogs from this deadly disease across Asia and Africa
- Ending bear dancing in India, Turkey, Greece and most recently Nepal by working with local partners.
- 188,000 supporters moved Turkish Airlines to stop transporting African grey parrots out of the Congo.
How you moved the world to protect animals in 2021
And much more. Read our Global Review 2021 to learn more how you're helping us end animal cruelty across the world.